For our third meeting, we will focus on statistics in biology. Here are a few resources we will be using.
- The Using Phylogeny to Identify Orthologs file is located at the bottom for you to download.
- Phylo Tree Building Platforms
Fasta Files are located in our Google Drive Lecture 3 Folder.
- A “Fasta” file that Mara has created with sequence information to plug into the phylogeny.fr site.A “Newick” file with the same sequence information that works well with the Interactive Tree of Life platform.
Background reading about the sorts of disagreements research scientists are having about statistical interpretation.
- “Statisticians Found One Thing They Can Agree On: It’s Time To Stop Misusing P-Values”
- “Statisticians issue warning over misuse of P values.” This article is more technical.
|Using Phylogeny to Identify Orthologs||198 KB|