The following resources were developed for classroom use by high school biology teachers who participated in MCB-HHMI Outreach's Summer 2006 "Experimental Biology and Multimedia Workshop". This year's topic was "Evolution".
Keep in mind that lesson formats vary greatly because each was developed with a particular classroom in mind. All lessons align with state and national science standards as described within the lesson or in an accompanying file.
- Webquest: How Environmental Changes May Alter the Evolution of Species (HTML)
- Webquest: Using Adaptation Studies to Bridge Ecology with Evolution (HTML)
- Worksheet: Using Adaptation Studies to Bridge Ecology with Evolution
- Background information: A Mutation Story (HTML)
- Background information: Toxic Newts (HTML)
- Teacher Guide